Lawyers, architects, quantity surveyors, engineers, construction project managers, project consultants, contractors, construction client representatives, bank staff dealing with infrastructure projects, people in project offices of corporate firms, estate developers, law students, lecturers of construction law and contracts
The Construction Law Seminar is a programme which provides a stimulating platform for built environment professionals, property developers, construction clients, lawyers and everyone involved in infrastructure projects/contracts to (1) acquire current knowledge in the specialized area of construction law and the legal management of infrastructure projects; (2) gain skills for analysing and managing contractual issues in infrastructure projects; and (3) address specific questions of interest to experts and peers for practical solutions and ideas. The programme covers infrastructure projects in various sectors such as construction, engineering, energy, mining, port, transportation, real estate and property.
The programme is organised by the West Africa Built Environment Research (WABER) Conference, endorsed by the Society of Construction Law for Africa and supported by Pinsent Masons (the world’s leading infrastructure law firm) and AB & David Africa (leading infrastructure law firm in Ghana).
The confirmed local and international speakers for 2018 are:
- David Ofosu-Dorte – Senior Partner, AB & David Africa
- Rob Morson – Partner at Pinsent Masons and leading construction law expert on the African continent
- Dr Ron Watermeyer – Chair of ISO Technical Committee on Construction Procurement
- Ferdinand Adadzi, Partner, AB & David Africa
- Rockson Dogbegah, Chairman of Berock Ventures Ltd (Civil Engineering and General Building Contractors)
- Her Ladyship Justice Gertrude Torkornoo, Justice of the Court of Appeal & Supervising Judge of the Commercial Division of the High Court
Previous Construction Law Seminars
Construction Law Seminar, 14-15 August 2017, British Council, Accra, Ghana, in collaboration with Pinsent Masons and Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa & Ankomah – Resource persons were: Rob Morson, Rob Wilkins, DKD Letsa, Elizabeth Ashun, Rockson Dogbegah, Dr Ron Watermeyer
Construction Law Seminar, 26-27 April 2017, British Council, Accra, Ghana, in collaboration with Pinsent Masons and Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa & Ankomah – Resource persons were: Rob Morson, DKD Letsa, Rockson Dogbegah, Justice Gertrude Torkornoo